Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The Payment

I could easily write thousand heavy words about heartbreaks and disappointments as I can easily gulp three cups of coffee in a single breath. My pen is a knife I keep poking at my already bleeding chest. I write pain to inflict hurt; to burn you with the same torment that has thrown me garbage. I cannot cradle your suffering spirit to the comforts of pleasure; that is not my intention. I want to haunt you in your dreams as a shadow painting your rainbow gray. I won't even let a grin escape from those sinful mouth. You are unworthy of the delights of this world. 

Of course, this is not a curse nor a threat. This is the truth of how your lies made the evil in me to escape and swallow all hope and yearnings. But, let me leave you a promise, dear. This is a promise that you won't forget. 
My love, I promise not to let you sparkle, and that no glistening light shall ever reflect on your face. Quicksand will devour you. It will kill you.

Satan has trained you well, perhaps. You kept hitting your leather whip on my wounds. You made me jump barefoot on a nail bed. You chained my brain with live wires. I was helpless and clueless; too gullible that I chose to believe you and drown away my own thoughts. I was lured helplessly to your trap. My eyes were covered with glitters, while my ears were plastered with wool; and my skin unclothed. There I was, cold and dying. I heard your footsteps, but they faded with the fogs in midnight. You left. I was hurting. Now, I come back to gather the payment for a loan you seem to have forgotten and abandoned. But, I have never forgotten. Hand it to me, now. Eye for an eye; and tooth for a tooth. Hand them over or I shall grapple them myself. I will show no mercy, and again, that's a promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment