Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The FitPark Wellness Gym and My Journey to Fitness



This is my personal journey to fitness and how I started it.

----------oOo----------

January 9, 2017 marks the first day I started this so-called Fitness Journey. It has been four months since that day and I am starting to reap the benefits of all those month's hard work. But before today, I can still remember how I started with this journey.

It has been few months since a new gym was built in the city. Almost everyone at work talked about the FitPark gym. I really wanted to start exercising even before because I felt weak, bored and utterly useless, in addition to gaining extra pounds and feeling bloated all the time. I just did not know how to start, but I knew I wanted to try going to the gym, but the FitPark never really interest me since I heard about their expensive rates. But January came and so their promo period. A friend invited me and the journey started.



The first day, I dreaded the most. Just as I arrived at the building where FitPark is I already stumbled upon the first hurdle - the stairs, of course! We all know how difficult climbing three flights of stairs is. By the time I reached the top, I was already huffing and puffing but the exercise routine has not yet started at this time, so one can only imagine the difficulty I went through during that first day. Luckily, people there were more than supportive and understanding. They were motivating as well! My apprehensions of continuing this journey slowly faded and excitement grew each day as I await to attend my group sessions.


During my first week, my body ached a lot and I could not move a single bone easily. Sitting and standing were equally challenging. My arms were sore and I could not raise them fast. With our coach's advice to continue with the workout despite the body pain, slowly they become tolerable. Day by day, I was feeling stronger. The two-pound dumbbells were replaced by six pounds, then eight pounds and slowly to ten pounds. I felt more energized and happy. Before this, I was having difficulty of sleeping at night, but with exercise, I snoozed fast and satisfied.


At present, I am still in the process of adjusting my diet, which is a very difficult task to do considering my lifestyle and work, but I am trying my best to balance everything out, slowly taking baby steps to gain my dream body. Weighing myself is not an option already because my weight stayed in the same range as it was before exercise, but I have observed how my body changed physically and for me that is satisfyingly worth every pain!

I am just happy I took the plunge at the Fitpark Wellness Gym. They offer good promo deals and discounts even for students. The time is accommodating to everybody as well. I, sometimes, attend the morning sessions or the afternoon ones whichever my schedule permits. Our main coach, Coach Princess is one factor I love attending them. Her motivating powers are over the roof! The people there are very friendly, while the place is clean too. I just wish they have more weights in the studio itself because we are getting stronger you know!

If anybody is interested to know more about them, try visiting their Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/fitparkwellnessgym/






No comments:

Post a Comment